Electrical Engineer Navy vessels – Schiedam
As Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for calculations and designs of electrical installations on board Navy ships.
At RH Marine, we realise the system integration of electrical and automation systems on board naval vessels, submarines and luxury superyachts. A complex but fascinating field of work full of innovations. Every ship is custom-made for the customer and after christening we remain responsible for maintenance and upgrades. So it remains ‘our baby’ throughout the life cycle.
You will work in our engineering department where we work on navy vessels or submarines. They provide system integration, electrical design and automation for both new-build projects and upgrades of systems on board these navy vessels. For the electrical engineering and system integration projects, we are looking for an Electrical Engineer for our Schiedam office. This is a full-time position.
As Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for calculations and designs of electrical installations on board naval vessels. Your concrete tasks:
- Designing e.g. home automation/lighting systems, electrical distribution systems and electrical integration of all E-systems on board ships;
- You will substantiate designs with calculations and ensure that they can be tested by inspection bodies;
- You will draw up specifications for the materials and components to be used;
- You will elaborate designs in drawings and technical specifications;
- You will provide technical support during production, installation and handover of completed equipment and systems to customers.
For the position of Electrical Engineer, we are looking for motivated candidates who are eager to learn and work in a precise and structured manner. You have good communication skills in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing. You have an affinity with maritime electrical engineering and are willing to develop further in the direction of engineering. In addition, you have:
- a completed MBO degree in electrical engineering (or similar);
- experience in designing electrical installations;
- knowledge of and experience with EPLAN, or you enjoy learning this.
A great company to work for with a rich history and a bright future, with a strong focus on innovation. You will join one or more project teams, which are managed by a Project Manager. These can be new-build projects as well as service and refit projects of naval vessels. What you have engineered, you can eventually see reflected in our workshop in Schiedam! The collegiality is great; a good atmosphere and cooperation is indispensable to carry out our complex work successfully. No project is the same and every project is special. The end result is always a beautiful sailing ship on which everything works. Work you can be proud of! The terms of employment are as follows:
- An excellent starting salary between €2921,- and €5187,- gross per month;
- 8% holiday pay;
- 25 holidays and 13 ADV days;
- A company laptop and smartphone;
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work partly from home (also after corona);
- A fun working environment with plenty of room for advancement opportunities;
- A fixed annual gratuity;
- A variable profit share;
- A good pension scheme via PMT.
Are you interested but still have a question? If so, please contact Frank Schram on firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-82048276.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated. No rights can be derived from CVs supplied unsolicited by employment and secondment agencies.