Engineer Lighting Domotics – Vlissingen
As an Engineer Lighting Domotics, you will be responsible for designing extensive lighting and domotics systems on board luxury yachts. In doing so, you will be responsible from the initial system design (Basic Design) to working out all the technical details (Detail Engineering).
At RH Marine, we realise the system integration of electrical and automation systems on board naval vessels, submarines and superyachts. A complex but fascinating field of work full of innovations. Every ship is custom-made for the customer and after christening we remain responsible for maintenance and upgrades. So it remains ‘our baby’ throughout the life cycle.
To expand the engineering department Yachts (now over 50 FTE), we are looking for an Engineer Lighting Domotics at our head office in Schiedam. We are also looking for an Engineer Lighting Domotics at our project office in Vlissingen. You will report directly to the Manager Engineering Yachts. It is basically an engineering position (i.e. at the office at the shipyard in Vlissingen) but will provide support when needed during production in the workshop or installation and commissioning on board.
As an Engineer Lighting Domotics, you will be responsible for designing extensive lighting and domotics systems on board luxury yachts. In doing so, you will be responsible from the initial system design (Basic Design) to working out all the technical details (Detail Engineering). The client places high demands on your design, because the systems you design largely determine the level of luxury of the entire yacht. Good coordination with the customer is therefore of great importance. You work closely with colleagues from Project Management, Production, Commissioning and Service on various projects. Your daily tasks include:
- Independently designing onboard lighting/domotics systems in Eplan P8 and AutoCAD 2D;
- Coordinating the designs with the customer;
- Supporting designs with calculations;
- Ensuring review by inspection bodies such as Lloyd’s and GL/DNV;
- Drawing up specifications for materials and components to be used;
- Providing technical support for production, onboard installation and transfer of the systems to the customer.
For the role of Engineer Lighting Domotics, we are looking for a passionate engineer with fun and experience in designing large complex electrical installations. Work experience in engineering ship installations is a plus, affinity with the maritime world and yachts is a must. You work in a structured and precise manner and can work both independently and in a team. Furthermore, we ask:
- MBO / HBO working and thinking level;
- Experience with electrical design and programming of home automation systems such as Lutron, KNX, Rena, etc.;
- Knowledge of Eplan P8 and autocad (2D) is an advantage;
- Good knowledge of hardware components;
- Good communication, both written and verbal in Dutch and/or English.
A great company to work for with a rich history and a bright future, with a strong focus on innovation. The collegiality is great; a good atmosphere and cooperation is indispensable to carry out our complex work successfully. No project is the same and every project is special. The end result is always a beautiful sailing ship on which everything works. Work you can be proud of! The terms of employment are as follows:
- A salary between €2921,- and €5187,- gross per month, depending on knowledge and experience;
- 8% holiday pay;
- 25 holidays and 13 ADV days;
- A company laptop and smartphone;
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working;
- A fixed annual gratuity;
- A variable profit share;
- A good pension scheme through PMT.
If you are interested, please apply immediately! Do you have a question? Then send an email to Frank Schram, Recruiter (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact us by phone at 06-82048276.