Engineer System Integration Yacht Building – Schiedam
As an Engineer System Integration, you will be responsible for the technical system architecture and integration of complex systems and installations. You are therefore able to devise system solutions independently.
At RH Marine, we realise the system integration of electrical and automation systems on board naval vessels, submarines and luxury superyachts. A complex but fascinating field of work full of innovations. Each ship is custom-made for the customer and after christening we remain responsible for maintenance and upgrades. So it remains ‘our baby’ throughout the life cycle. You will work in one of our engineering departments. They handle system integration, electrical design and automation for both new-build projects and upgrades of systems on board luxury superyachts, naval vessels and submarines. For the electrical engineering and system integration projects, we are looking for a Senior System Engineer for our Schiedam office to expand. We offer you the opportunity to grow into the role of Technical Project Manager. This is a full-time position.
As an Engineer System Integration, you will be responsible for the technical system architecture and integration of complex systems and installations. You are therefore able to devise system solutions independently. Based on your extensive system knowledge in electrical engineering and system integration, you are the project team’s and customer’s point of contact. In doing so, you oversee all project phases (engineering, production, implementation and commissioning). Your concrete tasks:
- You determine the basic design and ensure the electrical integration of all systems on board ships;
- You will commission detailed design, or carry it out yourself;
- Drawing up technical specifications for systems and selecting components and materials to be used;
- You analyse complex issues to arrive at new system solutions, edit and evaluate technical data;
- You consult with the client/user and classification societies and ensure that the systems and installations meet the requirements of both the client and the certification bodies;
- You advise on system designs and commissioning of complex systems;
- You attend internal and external FATs as well as any HAT and SAT of complex systems.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering at college level;
- You have extensive experience in the engineering of electrical installations (e.g. generation, system integration and lighting), preferably in the maritime sector;
- Good knowledge of materials related to electronic or control engineering systems and components;
- Knowledge of and experience with Eplan is an advantage;
- You are able to lead a small team of Electrical Engineers and successfully manage them in terms of technical content;
- Knowledge of classification authority requirements is an advantage;
- Good, clear communication, both written and verbal in Dutch and/or English.
A great company to work for with a rich history and a bright future, with a strong focus on innovation. You will join one or more project teams, which are managed by a Project Manager. These can be new-build projects as well as service and refit projects of naval vessels, submarines or luxury super yachts. What you have engineered, you can ultimately see reflected in our workshop! The collegiality is great; a good atmosphere and cooperation is indispensable to carry out our complex work successfully. No project is the same and every project is special. The end result is always a beautiful sailing ship on which everything works. Work you can be proud of! The terms of employment are as follows:
- A salary between € 3825, – and € 5,646, – gross per month, depending on knowledge and experience;
- 8% holiday pay;
- 25 holidays and 13 ADV days;
- A company laptop and smartphone;
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working;
- A fun working environment with plenty of room for advancement opportunities;
- A fixed annual gratuity;
- A variable profit share;
- A good pension scheme through PMT.
You can apply via the apply directly button. Are you interested, but do you have a question? Then please contact Frank Schram on 06-82048276 or email@example.com.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated. No rights can be derived from CVs supplied unsolicited by employment and secondment agencies.