EPLAN Key-user – Schiedam
At RH Marine, we realise the system integration of electrical and automation systems on board naval vessels, submarines and luxury superyachts. A complex but fascinating field of work full of innovations. Every ship is custom-made for the customer and after christening, we remain responsible for maintenance and upgrades. So it remains ‘our baby’ throughout the life cycle.
You will work in one of our engineering departments. They handle system integration, electrical design and automation for both new-build projects and upgrades of systems on board naval vessels and submarines. We are currently looking for an EPLAN Engineer for our Schiedam office. This is a full-time position.
As an E-Plan engineer, your job consists of two parts. Your primary task as key-user will be implementing new applications in the use of E-Plan. For the remaining time, you will work as an Electrical Engineer on projects. You will work in Schiedam in the engineering department for Naval Ships with a total of about 20 Engineers.
As E-Plan engineer, you will work in close cooperation with the Application Manager and the Manager Engineering to improve the Engineering efficiency in the Engineering department. Smarter, more efficient and faster engineering are an important part of the department’s vision for the future. You actively think along to expand the library and ensure standardization of components or installations where possible. You point out the new possibilities to your fellow Engineers and convince them to opt for the new way of working.
Your daily tasks include:
- As E-Plan engineer, you will support, assist electrical engineers from department for their questions & queries. You will also suggest & guide them to make engineering work easy, efficient & interesting with E-Plan.
- If there are any questions regarding E-Plan within the department then you will be the first point of contact.
- Besides key user for E-Plan, you will also be responsible for establishing all types of macros & maintaining library of the same up to date.
- You will be responsible for continuous improvement process to use E-Plan more effectively. E.g. Single line diagram & multiline schematic within the same project including all reports. Any change in one of the type diagram will reflect automatically in other.
- You will also be responsible for new parts check which are created by other engineers. You will enriched the missing information in that.
- You will coordinate with other E-Plan administrator & E-Plan key users (from other department) for new developments, upgrading part database & E-Plan standardization.
As Electrical Engineer, you actively participate in the detailed design of electrical installations for projects on board naval vessels. As such, you are part of the project team. Your daily tasks include
- Elaborating designs of electrical systems in E-Plan;
- Drawing up specifications for the materials and components to be used;
- Providing technical support for production and installation.
For the position of Electrical Engineer EPLAN, we are looking for a creative solution-oriented specialist who works in a precise and structured manner. You have good communication skills in both Dutch and English and know how to express yourself well both orally and in writing. You are helpful, can take constructive criticism well, are able to share your knowledge and take pride in your work. In addition, you have:
- Bachelor work & thinking level;
- an unremitting drive to do things just a little smarter in E-Plan every day and to get your colleagues on board;
- extensive experience in designing electrical installations in E-Plan;
- a completed course in electrical engineering (or similar);
- affinity with marine electrical engineering;
- a passion for engineering.
A great company to work for with a rich history and a bright future, with a strong focus on innovation. You will join one or more project teams, which are managed by a Project Manager. These can be new-build projects as well as service and refit projects of naval vessels or submarines. What you have engineered, you can ultimately see reflected in our workshop! Collegiality is high; a good atmosphere and cooperation are indispensable to successfully carry out our complex work. No project is the same and every project is special. The end result is always a beautiful sailing ship on which everything works. Work you can be proud of! The terms of employment are as follows:
- A salary between € 2921, – and € 4667, – gross per month, depending on knowledge and experience;
- 8% holiday pay;
- 25 holidays and 13 ADV days;
- A company laptop and smartphone;
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work partly from home (also after corona);
- A fun working environment with plenty of room for advancement opportunities;
- A fixed annual gratuity;
- A variable profit share;
- A good pension scheme via PMT.
You can apply via the apply directly button. Are you interested but still have a question? Then please contact Frank Schram at firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-82048276.
* Applying for a VOG is a requirement for this position.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated. No rights can be derived from CVs supplied unsolicited by employment and secondment agencies.