Mechanic Panel Building – Schiedam
As a Panel Assembler, you will be responsible for the independent erection, assembly and wiring of switchboards, consoles, control panels and desks for marine applications.
RH Marine realises system integration of electrical and automation systems on board naval vessels, submarines and luxury superyachts. A complex but fascinating field of work full of innovations. Every ship is custom-made for the customer and after christening we remain responsible for maintenance and upgrades. So it remains ‘our baby’ throughout the life cycle. We have recently received some nice new orders and therefore we would like to expand our Schiedam location with a Mechanic Panel Building. The vacancy is a full-time position.
As a Mechanic Panel Building, you will be part of a team of experienced specialists who are happy to share their knowledge with you. In total, the team consists of thirteen (Managerial) Mechanics. Like you, they have a varied job, because they are constantly making ‘specials’ for our customers. Examples of products they build panels for include: special consoles, main switchboards, distribution panels, control cabinets and drive systems. Besides the fun, informal team of engineers you will be working with, you will also have regular contact with colleagues from the testing department. This is because they test the products you have been working on first.
As a Panel Mechanic, you will be responsible for the independent erection, assembly and wiring of switchboards, consoles, control panels and desks for marine applications. In this position, you will have a challenging, dynamic job within a close-knit team in our own workshop. You work according to electrotechnical regulations, drawings and internal procedures. You will also occasionally connect panels and carry out modifications at the customer’s site. On a daily basis, you will be responsible for:
- Independently setting up, assembling and wiring switchboards, consoles, control panels and lecterns;
- Owning the work preparation data provided (drawings, parts lists and wiring lists);
- Registering changes on drawings;
- Ensuring that required materials and tools are present and ready for use;
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations.
For this varied position, we are looking for an enthusiastic team player with good verbal and written communication skills in both Dutch and English. You can work well independently under time pressure and are flexible. Overtime will occasionally occur. In addition, you have:
- MBO level 3 education;
- knowledge of panel building, materials, standards and regulations;
- a valid NEN3140 certificate or willing to obtain one;
- a valid VCA certificate and therefore familiar with the relevant safety regulations and willing to obtain a VCA-VOL;
- proficiency in reading EPLAN and Autocad drawings.
A great company to work for with a rich history and a bright future, with a strong focus on innovation. The collegiality is great; a good atmosphere and cooperation is indispensable to carry out our complex work successfully. No project is the same and every project is special. The end result is always a beautiful sailing ship on which everything works. Work you can be proud of! The terms of employment are as follows:
- A salary between € 2368 and € 3498 gross per month, depending on knowledge and experience;
- 8% holiday pay;
- 25 holidays and 13 ADV days;
- Flexible working hours;
- A fixed annual gratuity;
- A variable profit share;
- A good pension scheme through PMT.
Are you interested or do you have a question? Then send an email with your CV and cover letter to Frank Schram, Recruiter, Frank.Schram@rhmarine.com or contact us by phone at 06-82048276.
Acquisition is not appreciated!