PLC Software Engineer Service navy vessels – Schiedam
RH Marine is looking for a PLC Software Engineer to join its navy vessel service department.
At RH Marine, we realise the system integration of electrical and automation systems on board navy vessels, submarines and superyachts. A complex but fascinating field of work full of innovations. Every ship is custom-made for the customer and after christening we remain responsible for maintenance and upgrades. So it remains ‘our baby’ throughout the life cycle.
In the coming years, we will be very busy servicing and refitting various naval vessels, which is why we are looking for a PLC Software Engineer who will help build custom systems.
As a PLC Software engineer for the service department, you will be responsible for your assigned service projects in the automation field. You will check, repair and where necessary design and program software for alarm and monitoring systems, propulsion systems and power management systems. We use Allen Bradley and our own in-house developed software and SCADA system. After software development, you will work intensively with your colleagues from commissioning and service, or you will take care of commissioning yourself in the yard or on board. Your concrete tasks:
- analysing service or refit issues;
- developing software concerning automation systems and checking and maintaining their operation according to specifications;
- documenting software, delivering documentation and processing software changes during the project and after delivery;
- drawing up test protocols and preparing declinations;
- testing software (modifications) in (virtual) network environments;
- supporting commissioning and service engineers and providing them with the right information.
ou are a software specialist for whom delivering quality comes naturally. You like sinking your teeth into complex, multi-year projects and are able to complete things. You work in a structured way and recognise the importance of good documentation. You are willing to delve deeper into your field and share your knowledge with your colleagues, who in turn, share their knowledge with you. Furthermore, we ask for:
- A completed Bachelor or Master’s degree in (industrial) automation or related;
- 5+ years’ experience with PLC and SCADA systems, experience with Allen Bradley is a plus, but experience with e.g. Siemens is also welcome;
- Experience in (industrial) automation, maritime experience is a plus;
- Knowledge of hardware components and good understanding of automation, communication protocols and network architectures;
- Willingness to travel (also on board);
- Good, clear communication and documentation skills in English, Dutch is a plus.
Ability to provide a VOG and VGB is a requirement (application in consultation with RH Marine upon commencement of employment).
A great company to work for with a rich history and a bright future, with a strong focus on innovation. The collegiality is great; a good atmosphere and cooperation is indispensable to carry out our complex work successfully. No project is the same and every project is special. The end result is always a beautiful sailing ship on which everything works. Work you can be proud of! The terms of employment are as follows:
- A salary between €3,517 and €5,187 gross per month, depending on knowledge and experience;
- 8% holiday pay;
- 25 holidays and 13 ADV days;
- A company laptop and smartphone;
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working;
- A fixed annual gratuity;
- A variable profit share;
- A good pension scheme through PMT.
You can respond directly via the apply button. Are you interested but still have a question? Then please contact Frank Schram at firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-82048276.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated. No rights can be derived from CVs supplied unsolicited by employment and secondment agencies.