System Integration Engineer for Superyachts – Remote from Greece
RH Marine is a leading Dutch system integrator and innovator of electrical and automation systems in the maritime industry, and delivers tailored solutions for complex Navy ships and Yachts. We support and advise the customer from the design phase through the entire life cycle of the ship.
In order to achieve our grow ambitions we have the ambitious plan to carry out part of our electrical engineering work in Greece remotely. We are therefore looking for Electrical Engineers who want to join us remotely as a System Integration Engineer for superyachts (70+ metres).
You will be independently designing and engineering of the integration of electrical systems. E.g. for luxury lighting (home automation), power management systems, electrical propulsion systems and all other systems on board of yachts. You are responsible for the system design (Basic Design) and technical specifications.
After an extensive onsite training in our projects and way of working, you will be part of an existing engineering team in Schiedam and stay in touch via Teams calls. Communication with team members and written specifications will be in English, but we also have a Greek project manager, who will support you. Your daily tasks include:
- Defining the basic design and ensure the electrical integration of all systems on board ships;
- Assigning detailed design to a team member, or perform it yourself;
- Preparing technical specifications for systems and selecting components and materials;
- Coordinating the designs with the project manager;
- Supporting designs with calculations;
- Ensuring review by classification organizations such as Lloyd’s and GL/DNV.
You enjoy to design complex electrical systems and have a keen eye for detail. Delivering quality goes without saying for you; your designs are precise and clear. You work in a structured way and recognize the importance of good documentation. You are punctual and meeting deadlines is no problem for you. You are able to justify your choices to your team members.
You are a self-starter and can work independently with ease. If you encounter difficulties, you find your way to get your answer, even if your colleagues are many miles away. You have excellent communication skills in Greek and English. Since we start with a training for a month in Schiedam, you must be able to come over and stay the whole month. Other requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, or similar;
- 5+ years’ experience in the engineering of electrical installations (e.g. power generation, system integration and lighting), preferably in the maritime sector;
- Good knowledge of materials related to electronic or control engineering systems and components;
- Knowledge of and experience with Eplan is an advantage;
- You live within 50 kilometres of Athens, where we intend to open an office.
A solid company to work for with a proud history and a bright future, with a strong focus on innovation. You’ll be working on challenging and high demanding projects. You will receive instructions and support from helpful and experienced colleagues, they will only be a phone call away to help you. You will receive extensive training in our systems on the premises of RH Marine in Schiedam, during a month. We will provide you with transportation and accommodation.
We offer a contract for a year, with the intention of converting to a permanent contract. The terms of employment are as follows:
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Private medical insurance;
- Company mobile phone and laptop.
First interviews will be held via Teams, but before we make a final offer, we want to meet in person as well. We will either fly you in to Schiedam or meet you in Athens. We expect to start training in the beginning of 2023, depending on the number of team members.
You can apply directly by using the button, but if you have questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. You can contact Natasja Dokter, corporate recruiter, via 0031-611010122 or email@example.com.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated. No rights can be derived from unsolicited CVs supplied by employment agencies.